Everyone has their own way of packing their purse, backpack or carry-on bag to their liking. In my case, when I travel, I always pack the basic necessities. Traveling to any place that’s not home can be stressful and tedious if you’re not prepared and organized.
These items have become real life savers in my time of need. I’m overly exaggerating here, but seriously they’ve made my traveling experiences pleasant and stress-free. My purse is usually my carry-on bag and I like to keep my most valuables items with me.
- Camera & Accessories- The first thing I do when I’m in a new country or state is take pictures. Keeping your camera handy will help you capture the moment.
- Always pack your charging accessories in your purse just in case your battery dies. I’ve met people who had to go to the nearest drugstore or electronic store to purchase a new phone/camera charger because they had it packed in their luggage, and the airport had misplaced their luggage and weren’t going to receive it until a few days later.
- Passport & ID- Always carry two forms of identification! Anything can happen where you could lose your ID and cause you to be stuck in a foreign country or state because you don’t have a second form of identification. You would like to avoid going to the embassy and waiting in those horrendous lines for a new passport or ID. This is not only time consuming but stressful as well.
- Making a copy of your driver license or passport with important phone numbers on the back and storing it in a safe place other than your purse is a helpful tip to be prepared and organized in unexpected situations.
- Credit Card/Cash- Don’t take too many credit cards on your trip. One debit card and one credit card will suffice. Also, taking a decent amount of cash could be helpful in cases where credit cards are not accepted.
- Insurance Card- Unexpected accidents or medical emergencies can occur. I always carry my health insurance card with me no matter where I travel.
- Mini Ipad & Phone- Keeping your expensive electronics close to you is the best thing you can do. I always pack any type of communication electronics in my purse because they’re easily accessible when I want to watch a movie, listen to music, or play a game during the flight. Just like my camera, these items are valuable and should be kept at close distance at all times. I always avoid packing them in my luggage just in case the airport loses my baggage or mishandles it, which can cause damage or breakage.
- Makeup- Always use a ziplock bag when carrying lipgloss, rollerball perfumes, hand sanitizer or any type of liquid just in case of breakage or leakage. Make sure all liquids or gel consistency products are under 30z. Do not carry a nail clipper, scissors or tweezer in your purse; it’ll be confiscated.
I really hope you guys found these tips helpful! I know they’ve been a real life saver on many occasions.
What are your staple items to pack in your purse? If you have any helpful tips or recommendations, then please feel free to comment below. 🙂