The fall season is always a fun time to experiment with darker lip hues, but to be honest, brown, mauve and berry shades are colors that I love to wear all year round. I’m just a lot more comfortable with these kind of tones. It was very difficult to narrow down my favorite 5 fall lipsticks, but I did it!
1) NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in “Damned”- This lip pencil is gorgeous in oh so many ways. First, the color is a berry magenta color, ideal for fall and winter. It also looks extremely stunning with a cool-toned, smoky eye look. I always opt for warm-colored eye looks and lip colors since they are more safe, but when I feel daring, this color is not too dark, but it’s dark enough to make me feel and look edgy. I personally like to use a lip scrub before applying this lipstick to get rid of the dead skin because it is extremely matte.
2) YSL Rouge Voluptè Shine Lipstick in “#7 Rose Infinite”- I’ve mentioned this color in my September favorites because it was a lipstick that I wore so much during the summer. I can honestly say that this is probably my favorite lipstick overall. It is hydrating, creamy and long-lasting. It’s a tone that can be used for a neutral lip with a rosy taupe twist to it.
3) Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in “Refined Russet”- Just a couple of years ago, brown lipsticks were considered outdated; however, I’m more of a I wear a certain color because I think it looks good on me. I became completely obsessed with this lipstick when my sister purchased it for me. It complements my fair to medium skin tone, and it look gorgeous with a warm-toned eye look. Brown nude colors also go well with my hazel eyes. Like other Maybelline lipsticks, this one has a nice, creamy texture. If I’m not mistaken, this color came out two to three years ago in a limited edition collection. I always think that I should’ve gone back for another one.
4) Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in “Broadest Berry”- This color is a true berry color. I received this deluxe sample at Sephora, and I didn’t expect to love it that much since I never used a Clinique product before. Oh, boy, I wore this lipstick all fall and winter last year. It is so soft and moisturizing on my lips. I enjoy that it is in the middle line of opaque and cheer. This is the kind of lipstick that never fails you. You can apply it so easily without a mirror.
5) MAC Amplified Lipstick in “Craving”- This, too, is another lipstick that I mentioned in my September favorites. It is a pinky berry color that can be worn during the day without looking like you’re trying really hard. It is my favorite MAC lipstick I own. For a hydrating and high-pigmented lip finish, the amplified line is the perfect one.
Did you a notice a color trend I have going on here? 😉 Haha I would love to step out of my comfort zone, and I need some recommendations from you. What are you favorite fall lipsticks? Comment below.