Hello, everyone. I love that we are getting so close to the holidays! Check out what I’ve been loving for the past month.
1) Make Up Forever Mat Velvet Plus Foundation- I previously wrote a review for this product, and I called this foundation “magic in a bottle” because it lays on my face so naturally, and it makes my face look so flawless. This foundation is ideal for my oily skin. I would not recommend this product to people with dry skin because it’s insanely matte. It instantly sucks up the oil from my face. I am extremely happy with this product! To read my full review on this product, click here.
2) Too Faced Melted Liquified Lipstick in “Melted Fig”- OMG, I am in love with this color and product. It applies like a gloss, but it dries as a matte lipstick. It leaves a nice stain on the lips, and it smells so delicious. With some lip products, it may become difficult to apply it to the lips, but with the Too Faced Melted Liquified lipstick it’s so easy; you don’t need a mirror. Melted Fig can be used all year-round, since it’s a muted rose color. This lipstick has not left my handbag.
3) Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in “Dark Brown”- I used to swear that I would never fill in my eyebrows, mostly due to fear of looking as though I had fake eyebrows on. Although, I love makeup, I aim to look natural, so for you beginners, I HIGHLY recommend this product. I think the combination of including a pencil and a spooly was well though out. Without the spooly, the Brow Wiz would not be what it is; it helps the product look natural. And the color that the Sephora sales associate picked out for me is perfect. I only use enough of the product to fill in any gaps. I always believed the Brow Wiz had too much hype around it, but I now see why. It is inevitably worth the price tag.
4) MAC 217 Blending Brush- Just like a girl can never have enough lipsticks, I believe the same goes for blending brushes. This brush is multifunctional; it can be used to apply shadow over the lid, for the crease and to blend. The 217 brush I bought is not as soft as other blending brushes I own, but the result it gives to an eye look is priceless.
5) It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration Eyeshadow Palette- Are you tired of hearing me rave about this product? Haha. I promise this will be the last time I give it a shoutout, at least for a couple months. There are not many matte eyeshadow palettes out in the market, and because of that reason, it stands out. I’ve been counting on this product to obtain a classic look, as it provides a lot of pigmentation and staying power. For a complete review, read here.
6) Tarte “Gifted” Mascara- I don’t usually make an effort to test a lot of mascaras out because I always end up disappointed; however, for some reason, I ended up with deluxe mascaras from different brands. Thank you, Sephora. 😉 I am so close to officially saying that I have another favorite mascara, other than my holy grail L’oreal Telescopic mascara. I find that the more coats I apply, the more my lashes become longer and have more volume. With one coat, it is useless. Although it flakes a smidge throughout the day, I am so satisfied with the “Gifted” mascara. It is actually on my to-buy list for the Sephora 20% off VIB & VIB Rouge sale.
7) Jo Malone “Nectarine Blossom & Honey” Cologne- Before I try to describe the smell of this fragrance to you, let me just warn you that I am the worst at describing smells. In that case, this is how Jo Malone’s website describes it, “London’s Covent Garden early morning market. Succulent nectarine, peach and cassis and delicate spring flowers melt into the note of acacia honey. Sweet and delightfully playful.” Now doesn’t that sound delightful?
Some would say this scent is appropriate for spring and summer, but I don’t care. Miami is summer all year round! lol Funny story with how I purchased this cologne. I went into the store ready to repurchase “Wild Bluebell,” but seeing that it is expensive for a small bottle, and I refuse to buy two, I wanted to go for something new. The sales associate gave me samples for both the “Nectarine Blossom & Honey” and the “English & Pear Freesia.” My senses immediately went for the latter, but once applied on my skin, “Nectarine Blossom & Honey” smelled so much more delicious than “English & Pear Fressia.” I wanted to go home with the “English & Pear Freesia” cologne, but it did not go well with my skin chemistry. I am now obsessed with the nectarine cologne. I urge you all to smell this cologne and buy it!
8) Soft Lips Cube Pomegranate and Blueberry Lip Protectant- Show me a product with the words Pomegranate and Blueberry on it, and it’s automatically mine. This product is similar to EOS lip balms, but on the plus side, Soft Lips doesn’t give me a weird reaction. It moisturizes, protects my lips from the sun with SPF 15, and it’s not a heavy product.
I hoped you enjoyed reading this post. What are your favorites beauty and makeup product for the month of October? Please comment below.
Disclaimer: The photos used in this post belong to their appropriate owner; they are not the property of The Beauty Boulevard. To find to whom they belong, click here.